Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A blog post about nothing!

What the heck is up with the weather? We've gotten like a year's worth of rain in the last two weeks. Last Sunday (I think it was Sunday anyway)we had a downpour that dumped half a foot of rain, causing the lake road to overflow and raised the lake quite a lot. I know Dave didn't care for it, (Dave is my tired '76 Dodge van, in case ya didn't know). Due to the fact that I left my window open a hair and the fact that Dave leaks worse than New Orleans during a hurricane, due to the roof vent and broken CB antenna, the interior was sopped. Every right turn caused water to pour off the 'dog house' (vannerism for engine cover) and drench my foot. Then come Saturday, we had a hail storm. It was actually kinda cool since I was at work. Around 7 o' clock the power went out, leaving me cooking by candle light (yeah, I'm a college drop out working in fast food, how clique). It had a really wicked primeval feel to it. Roasting dead animal parts over an open flame in a dark, smokey cave-like room. Almost felt like wearing a leopard hide and banging on a drum....
After about an hour and a half the power came back on, only to go out twice more. Had a good chuckle at my co worker, who was whining about her crummy new Dodge truck getting hailed on. Even got to watch the firetrucks roar down main street because my uncle's tractor caught on fire(curse the Fuhrman luck!). Perhaps it was a good thing that I didn't take the day off to go to the Chokio street dance....

No comments: